SAFE Program, Before and After School Childcare
SAFE - Supervised Activities For Children
of Employed Parents
SAFE is a self-sustaining program designed to provide quality before and after school care to children in School District U-46 currently enrolled in kindergarten – sixth grades while their parents work or further their own education. SAFE is not available at all schools. Click for the list of current program locations.
Opportunities for children to participate in organized games, arts & craft projects, computer or free choice activities. Children also have time in the gym and/or outdoors.
- Homework assistance is available for students, however students are not required to do homework.
- Cold breakfast and afternoon snack are provided.
- On days schools are not in session throughout the school year an all-day SAFE program is available at different sites in the district. SAFE is not available during Winter Break, Spring Break and holidays.
Requirements for admission:
- Child must be a U-46 student in grades K-6
- Child’s parents must be working or involved in furthering their own education.
REGISTRATION FORMS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED AT THE SAFE OFFICE 355 E. Chicago St., Room 225, Elgin, IL 60120
Registration for the Current School 2012-2013 year is now closed.
Contact Information for the SAFE Program:
Mamie Carter, SAFE Program Coordinator
Phone: 847-888-5000 X 6981
Location: Room 225, 355 E. Chicago Street, Elgin, IL
Listing's Related Category(s):
Programs & Services : SAFE