Elementary SchoolHome of the Little Hawks!
Little Hawk News
Distribution of Student Materials: See Schedule BelowTuesday, May 19, 20209:30-10:30 Second Grade
10:30-11:30 First Grade
12:30-1:30 Third GradeWednesday, May 20, 20209:30-10:30 Fourth Grade
10:30-11:30 Fifth Grade
11:30-12:30 Sixth Grade
12:30-1:30 (Anyone who missed their pickup today or yesterday)Thursday, May 21, 2020Staff will be available from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm to distribute materials. If you were unable to make your scheduled time, please reach out to Mrs. Dupuis at email@example.com to schedule a time for pick-up.
HAWK HOLLOW DAILY DISTANCE LEARNING
Distance Learning is in full swing here in U-46. Click here to gain access to your child's lessons for the day.
DAILY ABSENCE REPORTING
For reporting your student's daily attendance during our Daily Distance Learning, click the link below for direct access. Click here.
REGISTRATION FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR OPENS APRIL 1, 2020
On April 1, 2020, you can register your student(s) for the 2020-2020 school year. Every student must be registered online. If you already have a Campus Parent account, please login to your Campus Parent account to submit your Online Registration (OLR). (Please write down your OLR application number to provide at your child's school if needed.)
Additional steps for household changes:
You are required to contact your child’s school if you are adding new students, or changing/updating your address.
- Adding a new student to U-46 in the ORL
- If this student is listed in the Non-U-46 Student section of the OLR, please use the provided check box to add them as a student
- If the student is not listed as a Non-U46 student, you may skip this section and go to the Student section to add them as a new student.
- Birth Certificates are required for each new student.
- Proof of Residency and Updates
- If you have a new student, have moved, have an expired/expiring lease or use an affidavit you will need to update your proof of residency. You can fill this out at the school or use this link to print and fill out the form to bring with you - English or Spanish.
- Also bring two (2) Proofs of Residency as outlined in the form above. For more information, please see the residency section below.
- Please see our Printable Registration Forms section below for information on additional forms you might need. Forms are available in a printable file to fill out and take with you to your school if you wish.
REGISTRATION FEES FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
All required registration fees must be paid in full to be considered fully registered and to avoid additional fees. Required fees include: Instructional, Gifted/Academy, Driver’s Education fees. For further information on fees, please use this Student Fees link.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Online payment: Debit/Credit Card and checking/savings account payments accepted online. No processing fees charged! Payments may be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Sign in to the Parent Portal and then click on "Fees" from the left side of the page.
- Payment in person:
- Cash/Money Order/Check - Accepted at all school levels
- Debit/Credit Card - Accepted at Middle and High Schools only.
2020-2021 CLASS PLACEMENT REQUESTStudent placement discussions have begun for the upcoming school year. Teachers work collaboratively with administration to place students in classrooms. We are providing parents an opportunity to share written information pertaining to their child’s learning needs. This form will be available to parents until May 1st, 2020. There are a few guidelines below that we are asking you follow.
Please do not submit specific teacher names. We ask that learning characteristics of the child be the main focus of your request. Also, please understand that the final placement is at the discretion of building administration.
If you choose to complete this form, an email will be sent directly to Mrs. Dupuis. She will review the documents when working with teachers to place students into classrooms.https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSd5CbzDxTKdq5s40NuPcj1J m821K4pzsxFT_iyzhqKsfwJjJA/ viewform?usp=sf_link
HAWK HOLLOW ELEMENTARY ON FACEBOOK
Wondering what Mrs. Dupuis and the rest of the Hawk Hollow staff are up to? Follow them on Facebook for up-to-date information about Hawk Hollow. See Mrs. Dupuis doing the daily Pledge of Allegence, School Motto Rap and morning announcements. Many of the teachers are keeping in contact with you as well by reading stories. Check this out at www.Facebook.com and look for the Hawk Hollow Elementary School page.
HAWK HOLLOW ELEMENTARY: CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 30, 2020
This week through Spring break, all U-46 schools are closed. During this time, it is important for our learners, your children, to continue to practice skills they have been exposed to at school.
For those of you that have devices at home, please consider utilizing technology to maintain these skills. Recently, the school shared Clever logins with all families for our MyOn competition. Through Clever, our students can access lots of other applications connected to instruction that occurs in our classrooms. Some of thoese applications include:
Other online educational sites you can utilize include:
Scholastic (Learn at Home)
U-46 School 2020-2021 School Calendar
The Board of Education have approved the 2020-2021 calendar. The first day of classes for the 2020-2021 school year in School District U-46 will be on Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2020. If no “emergency days” are used, the last day of classes will be Monday, May 24, 2021. The calendar features 176 instructional days for students.
Under the approved calendar, students will be out of classes on Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020, and have Nov. 26-27, 2020, as the Thanksgiving recess.
The winter break for staff and students would run from Monday, Dec. 21, 2020 through Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. Spring break will be observed from Monday, March 29, 2021, through Friday, April 2, 2021.
Observed holidays during which students will have no classes include Labor Day (Sept. 7, 2020), Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day (Oct. 12, 2020), Martin Luther King Jr. holiday (Jan. 18, 2021), Presidents’ Day (Feb. 15, 2021) and the Spring Holiday (April 5, 2021).
- Adding a new student to U-46 in the ORL