Students will leave Bartlett High School as independent and creative thinkers that have the historical, cultural, political, legal and social knowledge and skills to become well-informed, involved citizens capable of anticipating and meeting the challenges of self-governance in the global community.
To this end, we will develop students':
- Knowledge of the core content of historical, political, economic, legal and social issues of our world, our nation and our community.
- Ability to see the world from different perspectives — those of the historian, the geographer, the economist, the political scientist, the psychologist, the lawyer and other social scientists — and employ the different tools and techniques of each discipline in critical thought.
- Intellectual curiosity to promote lifelong learning.
- Critical reading, critical thinking and formulaic writing skills.
- Ability to objectively analyze and evaluate various sources of information.
- Capacity to make links across multiple content areas.
- Ability to incorporate research to support oral and written communication.