AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination
The mission of AVID is to ensure that ALL students and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- Will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
- Will complete a college preparatory path,
- Will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- Will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges, and
- Will become educated, responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID's systemic approach is designed to support students and educators as they increase schoolwide/districtwide learning and performance.
AVID teach students how to be better learners. AVID blends many tools to achieve that goal through purposeful note taking, study habits, lifestyle choices, positive peer involvement and more.
Click here for answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.