Supervised Activities for Children of Employed Parents
SAFE is a self-sustaining DCFS license-exempt program designed to provide quality before and after school care to children in School District U-46 currently enrolled in kindergarten through sixth grades while their parents work or further their own education. SAFE is not available at all schools.
Click here for the list of current program locations.
- Opportunities for children to participate in organized games, arts & craft projects, computer or free choice activities.
- Time in the gym and/or outdoors.
- Homework assistance for students, though students are not required to do homework.
- An afternoon snack.
Breakfast is available through the school district's Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
On days schools are not in session during the academic year, an all-day SAFE program is available at different sites in the district. SAFE is not available during Winter Break, Spring Break and holidays.
Requirements for admission:
- Child must be a U-46 student in grades K-6
- Child’s parents must be working or involved in furthering their own education.
Please note start date information in the program registration information!
2018-2019 School Year GuidelinesPlease download and retain guidelines for reference.
Please follow directions to submit your registration. Invoices will be mailed this summer. Registration is not complete until the invoice has been paid.
2018-2019 School Year Payment Calendar Please download and retain for reference.
2018-2019 Form for the Classroom Teacher Please download and give to your child(ren)'s Classroom Teacher(s).