Supervised Activities for Children of Employed Parents
SAFE is a self-sustaining DCFS license-exempt program designed to provide quality before and after school care to children in School District U-46 currently enrolled in kindergarten through sixth grades while their parents work or further their own education. SAFE is not available at all schools.
Click here for the list of current program locations.
- Opportunities for children to participate in organized games, arts & craft projects, computer or free choice activities.
- Time in the gym and/or outdoors.
- Homework assistance for students, though students are not required to do homework.
- An afternoon snack.
Breakfast is available through the school district's Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
On days schools are not in session during the academic year, an all-day SAFE program is available at different sites in the district. SAFE is not available during Winter Break, Spring Break and holidays.
Requirements for admission:
- Child must be a U-46 student in grades K-6
- Child’s parents must be working or involved in furthering their own education.
The following sites are currently at capacity:
Bartlett, Coleman, Fox Meadow, Glenbrook, Hanover Countryside, Harriet Gifford, Hilltop, Liberty, Lincoln, Nature Ridge, Otter Creek, Prairieview, Sycamore Trails
2019-2020 Guidelines Download and retain for reference.
Payment Calendar. Download and retain for reference.
Form for Classroom Teacher Please use this form for each child registered. *It should also be used when your child's schedule is changed in our office.*