Supervised Activities for Children of Employed Parents
SAFE is a self-sustaining DCFS license-exempt program designed to provide quality before and after school care to children in School District U-46 currently enrolled in kindergarten through sixth grades while their parents work or further their own education. SAFE is not available at all schools.
Click here for the list of current program locations.
- Opportunities for children to participate in organized games, arts & craft projects, computer or free choice activities.
- Time in the gym and/or outdoors.
- Homework assistance for students, though students are not required to do homework.
- An afternoon snack.
Breakfast is available through the school district's Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
On days schools are not in session during the academic year, an all-day SAFE program is available at different sites in the district. SAFE is not available during Winter Break, Spring Break and holidays.
Requirements for admission:
- Child must be a U-46 student in grades K-6
- Child’s parents must be working or involved in furthering their own education.
Registration Instructions and Link to Forms Program inclusion is subject to space availability!
Sites Currently at Capacity for PM. (Waitlist available)
Bartlett Elem, Fox Meadow, Hilltop, Liberty, Nature Ridge, Prairieview, and Sycamore Trails
AM ONLY is still available at each of these sites. Please call the SAFE office if AM ONLY is needed.
2019-2020 Guidelines Download and retain for reference.
Payment Calendar. Download and retain for reference.
SAFE Summer Camp 2019!
Summer 2019 Snack and Lunch Menus
Registration is not complete without payment.