Registration for New Students to District U-46
Welcome to School District U-46
Please follow the following steps if you would like to begin your registration online:
- You may use this link to our Online Registration Kiosk.
- Please write down your application number, you will need this for the schools.
- Make sure you provide an email address in your application.
- You will only register once, including all of your children (include potential pre-schoolers).
- Any children younger 3 or attending private school can be listed under "Other Household Member".
- When complete, make sure you click on the red Submit button. (A "pop-up window will ask you if you want to print your application.)
- Set up an appointment at each school your children will be attending so they can be enrolled, have your application number handy.
- Schools may remind you to bring in any remaining required documentation.
- High School students need to make an appointment with the Guidance Office at their school.
To complete registration, please contact your child's school, you will need the following information for your children:
- Original birth certificate
- Up-to-date physical exam and immunizations. Click here to see the Health Requirements for your student.
- Previous school address, phone and fax numbers.
- ISBE Transfer form. (Required when a student is transferring from another Illinois Public School District.)
- Transcript/Schedule (High School/Middle School Students) "The school cannot refuse to admit or enroll a student because of that student's failure to present his/her student permanent or temporary records from a school attended previously."
- Proof of Residency (see below).
You will have the option to upload your child's transcripts however these are not official, only transcripts sent direcrtly to the school are considered official.
Parents of potential PRESCHOOL students need to make an appointment with the Early Education Station at 847-888-5000, ext. 6094.
Proof of Residency
All current U-46 students with a change of address, or new students to the district, must go to their new school to register. The following is required to prove residency:
- Proof of Custody and Residency Form - English or Spanish
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency as indicated in the form above
- Affidavit of Resident Regarding Residency of Others - English or Spanish This form is only needed if the parent/guardian does not own or lease their residence. This form MUST be updated annually.
You have the option to upload your proofs of residency from Catagory A and B (excluding Affidavits), into your student's registration. These will be reviewed by staff and you may be asked to provide addtional information at the school.
If you cannot provide the required documents, please contact Project Access at 847-888-5000 ext. 6768 or 6765.
Please note: Certain proofs of residency require annual updates, or when a document expires. If requested, the information will need to be turned into your child’s school before registration is considered complete. ALL Affidavits of Residency must be updated annually.
Click here to find your school’s phone number and website.
Students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, 9th, and 12th grade are required to submit health records to the school. Click here to see the requirements for your student. For questions or to send in your child's physicals or immunization records, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an option, you may upload your child's physical and/or imunization records right to the Registration Application, or you may email them to the Health Services Department. For questions, please email email@example.com.
All required registration fees must be paid in full to be considered fully registered and to avoid additional fees. Required fees include: Instructional, Gifted/Academy, Driver’s Education fees. Please see the Fee Schedules below.
NEW! A technology fee of $25 has been added to registration fees for Grades 5-12, to cover repair insureance for Chromebooks being assigned to students in these grades. Please follow this link for more information on the 1:1 with Chromebooks program.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Online payment: Debit/Credit Card and checking/savings account payments accepted online. No processing fees charged! Payments may be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Sign in to the Parent Portal and then click on "Payments".
- Payment in person:
- Cash/Money Order - Accepted at all school levels
- Debit/Credit Card - Accepted at Middle and High Schools only.
Optional fees must be paid at your child’s school. See your school’s website for more information. Optional fees include: Parking permit, customized yearbook, activity card fees.
For Athletic Fee payment options, please see your High School’s Athletic Website.
To be fully registered, the following must be completed:
- Online Registration Application Submitted
- Approved Proof of Residency on file at each school
- Up-to-Date Medical Information on file at each school
- Required Fees Paid in Full
To print a Proof of Enrollment letter for your student, or to check on the status of your student's registration, go to the Registration Checklist. Use your Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password to log in.
Current U-46 Parents who still need to pay fees for this school year can click here for the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. You will need your Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password.
Student Registration Office Contact Information
The objective of the Student Registration Office is to support learning for all U-46 students through efficient and accurate student registration. If you have a question that is specific to your student's school, please contact the staff at your school or visit the school's website. For other questions, please contact the Student Registration Office through the Contact Us link on the left for a prompt response.
Lynn Ward, Registration Coordinator
847-888-5000 Ext. 5715
Rosa Ramirez, Registration Secretary
847-888-5000 Ext. 5016 (para Español)
Department E-mail: Registration@u-46.org