Registration for New Students to District U-46
Welcome to School District U-46
Please contact the schools in your attendance area to begin the registration process!
All students must be registered using our online registration, however, if you are new to our district, we ask that you contact the school your children will be attending. The office staff will provide you with information, set up an appointment or let you know when they are having Registration Events.
If you are uncertain which school your child will attend, please contact the Registration Office through the Contact Us link.
Once you have contacted your school, if you have decided to register online from home:
- You may use this link to our Online Registration Kiosk.
- Please write down your application number, you will need this for the schools
- Make sure you provide an email address in your application
- You will only register once, including all of your children (include potential pre-schoolers)
- Any children younger 3 or attending private school can be listed under "Other Household Member)
- When complete, make sure you click on the red Submit button
- Set up an appointment at each school your children will be attending so that they can be enrolled, have your application number handy
- Schools may remind you to bring in any remaining required documentation
- High School students need to make an appointment with the Guidance Office at their school.
To complete registration, you will need your child's:
- Original birth certificate
- Up-to-date physical exam and immunizations. Click here to see the Health Requirements for your student.
- Previous school address, phone and fax numbers
- ISBE Transfer form (Required when a student is transferring from another Illinois Public School District)
- Transcript/Schedule (High School/Middle School Students) "The school cannot refuse to admit or enroll a student because of that student's failure to present his/her student permanent or temporary records from a school attended previously."
- Proof of Residency (see below)
Parents of potential PRESCHOOL students need to make an appointment with the Early Education Station at 847-888-5000, ext. 6094.
Proof of Residency
All current U-46 students with a change of address, or new students to the district, must go to their new school to register. The following is required to prove residency:
- Proof of Custody and Residency Form - English or Spanish
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency as indicated in the form above
- Affidavit of Resident Regarding Residency of Others - English or Spanish This form is only needed if the parent/guardian does not own or lease their residence. This form MUST be updated annually.
If you cannot provide the required documents, please contact Project Access at 847-888-5000 ext. 6768 or 6765.
Please note: Certain proofs of residency require annual updates, or when a document expires. If requested, the information will need to be turned into your child’s school before registration is considered complete. ALL Affidavits of Residency must be updated annually.
Click here to find your school’s phone number and website.
Students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, 9th, and 12th grade are required to submit health records to the school. Click here to see the requirements for your student. For questions or to send in your child's physicals or immunization records, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All required registration fees must be paid in full to be considered fully registered and to avoid additional fees. Required fees include: Instructional, Gifted/Academy, Driver’s Education fees. A $25 fee has been added to the Registration Fee for students in grades 5-12. This fee will cover the cost of insurance for the Chromebooks that will be provided by the district for each of these students. Please see the Fee Schedules below. For further information on fees, please use the Student Fees link on the left.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Online payment: Debit/Credit Card and checking/savings account payments accepted online. No processing fees charged! Payments may be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Sign in to the Parent Portal and then click on "Payments".
- Payment in person:
- Cash/Money Order - Accepted at all school levels
- Debit/Credit Card - Accepted at Middle and High Schools only.
Optional fees must be paid at your child’s school. See your school’s website for more information. Optional fees include: Parking permit, customized yearbook, activity card fees.
For Athletic Fee payment options, please see your High School’s Athletic Website.
To be fully registered, the following must be completed:
- Online Registration Application Submitted
- Approved Proof of Residency on file at each school
- Up-to-Date Medical Information on file at each school
- Required Fees Paid in Full
To print a Proof of Enrollment letter for your student, or to check on the status of your student's registration, go to the Registration Checklist. Use your Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password to log in.
Current U-46 Parents who still need to pay fees for this school year can click here for the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. You will need your Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password.
Student Registration Office Contact Information:
The objective of the Student Registration Office is to support learning for all U-46 students through efficient and accurate student registration. If you have a question that is specific to your student's school, please contact the staff at your school or visit the school's website. For other questions, please contact the Student Registration Office through the Contact Us link on the left for a prompt response.