Registration for New Students
New Students to District U-46 for 2018-2019
Welcome to School District U-46! Please call your student's school to make an appointment to register and enroll your children. All parents of students who are new to U-46 must complete registration/enrollment in person, and present the required documents. High School students need to make an appointment with the Guidance Office at their school. If you are uncertain which school your child will attend, please contact the Registration Office through the Contact Us link.
To complete registration, you will need your child's:
- Original birth certificate
- Up-to-date physical exam and immunizations. Click here to see the Health Requirements for your student.
- Previous school address, phone and fax numbers
- ISBE Transfer form (Required when a student is transferring from another Illinois Public School District)
- Transcript/Schedule (High School/Middle School Students) "The school cannot refuse to admit or enroll a student because of that student's failure to present his/her student permanent or temporary records from a school attended previously."
- Proof of Residency (see below)
Parents of potential PRESCHOOL students need to make an appointment with the Early Education Station at 847-888-5000, ext. 6094.
Proof of Residency
All students who are new to District U-46, must go to their new school to register. The following items are required to prove residency:
- Proof of Custody and Residency Form - English or Spanish
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency as indicated in the form above
- Affidavit of Resident Regarding Residency of Others - English or Spanish This form is only needed if the parent/guardian does not own or lease their residence.
If you cannot provide the required documents, please contact Project Access at 847-888-5000 ext. 6768 or 6765.
Click here to find your school’s phone number and website.
All required registration fees must be paid in full to be considered fully registered and to avoid additional fees. Required fees include: Instructional, Gifted/Academy, Driver’s Education fees. For further information on fees, please use the Student Fees link on the left.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Online payment: Debit/Credit Card and checking/savings account payments accepted online. No processing fees charged! Payments may be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Sign in to the Parent Portal and then click on "Payments".
- Payment in person:
- Cash/Money Order - Accepted at all school levels
- Debit/Credit Card - Accepted at Middle and High Schools only.
Optional fees must be paid at your child’s school. See your school’s website for more information. Optional fees include: Parking permit, customized yearbook, activity card fees.
For Athletic Fee payment options, please see your High School’s Athletic Website.
Student Registration Office Contact Information:
For prompt service, please contact the Registration Office through the Contact Us link on the left.