Harriet Gifford is a designated Title 1 school. School District U-46 identifies eligible schools using Federal Government guidelines and distributes funds to those schools. We are required to develop a plan and align our resources with our School Improvement Plan. We are required to have a parent meeting and inform parents of our testing results and how we are using our funds.
Our School Improvement Team has identified the following priorities that are funded with our Title 1 funds:
- Provide Kindergarten students with Art and Music classes
- Provide K-2 access to a Reading Interventionist
- Provide parents and student support through the position of Parent Outreach / Social Emotional Coordinator
- Provide 3 Para educators to assist with interventions
- Provide families with copies of books for our One School, One Book Celebration program
- Professional Development
- Social Emotional Resources
- Homework Folders
In addition, Harriet Gifford teachers participate in weekly coaching sessions to enhance teaching and focus on Standards Based Instruction.