About Us

  • Huff Elementary School in 1960

    Huff Elementary was established in 1954 and named after Mrs. Myrtle Huff.  Mrs. Huff’s moving spirt inspired the City of Elgin with the advocacy of obtaining recreational activities for the growing number of women working in Elgin in the early 1900's.  Huff Elementary is located in Elgin's east side, just north of Route 20.  Currently, Huff Elementary serves more than 650 students in pre-school through sixth grade.  Over the years, it has been recognized for its warm, safe and nurturing environment that lends a fundamental shared belief of instruction for the whole child to best meet the needs of its diverse community.  Proudly, Huff Elementary serves as a model school for its Dual Language program and implementation methods.  Many school districts within the state of Illinois, as well as, in other parts of the United States continue to visit to replicate the great work done at Huff.