LMS 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
We are excited to announce that we will lead a group of 8th grade students on a WorldStrides program to Washington, D.C. On this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, students will explore our nation’s most important historical sites and experience incomparable learning moments. This will be a trip that your child will be talking about for years to come!
Your child will return home excited to tell you about:
- Standing where Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech at the Lincoln Memorial
- Discovering the true meaning of sacrifice at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Walking in the footsteps of our great leaders on Capitol Hill
- Exploring numerous Smithsonian Museums, like the National Museum of Natural History and the National Air and Space Museum
We have chosen to travel with WorldStrides programs because of their exceptional service, their nearly 50 years of experience, their safety record, and their preventive measures that ensure learning occurs in a safe and fun environment. We have led this program for many years now and look forward to leading it again. We will chaperone the program with other teachers as needed, and throughout the program our group will be guided by a WorldStrides-certified Course Leader. Since this is not a school sponsored trip, we will not be attending as representatives or employees of the school.
2019 TRIP INFORMATION
Departing: Monday, June 3, 2019
Returning: Friday, June 7, 2019
Early Registration Deadline for $70 discount: June 15th, 2018
It's only $49 to register.
Larsen Middle School Trip ID#: 133266
Or call: 800-468-5899
COST [2018 rate]
Based on 35 full-paying participants. Payments can be made in full or spread out into monthly installment payments. Final payments due March 2019.
Student: $990 quad occupancy
Adult: $1,139 double occupancy
You can fundraise by creating your own personal Gift of Eeducation link to share with family and friends!
- Round-trip transportation
- Sightseeing transportation
- Course Leader
- Quality hotel accommodations
- Night Chaperones in hotel
- Accident/health insurance
- Field journals
- Online educational resources
- All Meals
- All admissions fees
- Evening activities
- 24-hour emergency support
- Online course post trip for high school credits