U-46 Student Registration
Online Registration Now Open
U-46 Parents, click here to begin online registration: Infinite Campus Parent Portal. You will need your Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password. (Please note: you can not use the Parent Portal Mobile App to complete online registration).
If your student is not yet enrolled in District U-46, please see the information below on New Students.
If your student is eligible for transportation, complete online registration before May 31st to Guarantee Transportation at the start of school.
Save $20 per student in grades 1-12 by completing registration and paying all required fees in full by May 31st.
To check on the status of your registration, or to print a Proof of Enrollment letter for your student, go to the Registration Checklist. Use your Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password to log in.
Middle School and High School Students: Schedule printing will be available online through the Registration Checklist beginning August 3rd, if ALL registration requirements are fulfilled (online registration, residency, medical, fee payment).
Online Registration for 2017-2018
Online Registration must be done through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal every school year for all U-46 students. Each U-46 household with students enrolled in 2017-18 will receive a mailing in late March with complete instructions for online registration. If you have not received the mailing, please contact your child's school or the Student Registration Office.
To be fully registered, the following must be completed:
- Online Registration Application Submitted
- Approved Proof of Residency on file at each school
- Up-to-Date Medical Information on file at each school
- Required Fees Paid in Full
All schools will be having a Registration Assistance Event during the months of April and May. Attendance is not required at these events. Please attend an event at your school if you need to register a new student, change your address, or need assistance with the online registration process. Payment for registration fees will be accepted, but payment is not required at the registration events. See the Registration Events Schedule for your school's event date and time in English or Spanish.
New Students to District U-46 for the Current School Year or Next School Year
Please call your school to register. All parents of students who are new to U-46 must complete registration/enrollment in person at their school, and present the required documents.
If you are uncertain which school your child will attend, please call the Registration Office (Contact information below). High School students need to make an appointment with the Guidance Office at their school.
To complete registration, you will need your child's:
- Original birth certificate
- Up-to-date physical exam and immunizations
- Previous school address, phone and fax numbers.
- ISBE Transfer form (Required when a student is transferring from another Illinois Public School District)
- Transcript/Schedule (High School/Middle School Students) "The school cannot refuse to admit or enroll a student because of that student's failure to present his/her student permanent or temporary records from a school attended previously."
- Proof of Residency (see below)
Proof of Residency
All current U-46 students with a change of address, or new students to the district, must go to their new school to register. The following is required to prove residency:
- Proof of Custody and Residency Form - English or Spanish
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency as indicated in the form above
- Affidavit of Resident Regarding Residency of Others - English or Spanish Only needed if you, as a parent/guardian, do not own or lease your residence.
If you cannot provide the required documents, please contact Project Access at 847-888-5000 ext. 6768 or 6765.
Click here to find your school’s phone number and website.
Students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, 9th, and 12th grade are required to submit health records to the school. Click here to see the requirements for your student.
All required registration fees must be paid in full to be considered fully registered and to avoid additional fees. Required fees include: Instructional, Gifted/Academy, Driver’s Education fees.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Online payment: Debit/Credit Card and checking/savings account payments accepted online. No processing fees charged! Payments may be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Sign in to the Parent Portal and then click on "Payments".
- Payment in person:
- Cash/Money Order - Accepted at all school levels
- Debit/Credit Card - Accepted at Middle and High Schools only.
Optional fees must be paid at your child’s school. See your school’s website for more information. Optional fees include: Parking permit, customized yearbook, activity card fees.
For athletic fee payment options, please see your High School’s Athletic Website.
Transportation and Busing Questions? Please contact the Transportation Department with any questions or concerns at 847-888-5000 ext. 5095.
The objective of the Student Registration Office is to support learning for all U-46 students through efficient and accurate student registration. If you have a question that is specific to your student's school, please contact the staff at your school or visit the school's website. For other questions, please contact the Student Registration Office.
Student Registration Office Contact Information:
Phone: 847-888-5000 Ext. 5715
847-888-5000 Ext. 5016 (para Español)