2019 Yearbooks are in! Contact the Treasurer's Office for details.
A friendly reminder about our school procedures regarding safety and security. We are asking that no outside food be brought into the school before school or during lunch periods. We want to ensure all food follows the federal nutritional guidelines. This will also mean that students will be prohibited from placing food delivery orders during school hours. In addition, as a safety measure, EHS operates as a closed campus learning environment so we ask that students eat in our cafeteria and are therefore prohibited from leaving school, returning with outside food. Lastly, as a friendly reminder, students are required to display their IDs around their necks throughout the entire day. Parents, please join us as we embark on our Attendance Campaign and new motto, “Every day, Every class, Every period.”
Elgin High School Student Bulletin
Friday, September 13, 2019
- Students please be advised: All behind the wheel drives for Saturday, September 14th originally scheduled from 7am-11am with Mr. Wozniak have been cancelled
- A message from transportation: Students-drivers are now checking ID’s for bus numbers, if you do not have a bus number or bus sticker on your ID, you will not be able to board the bus. Don’t be left behind! Stop in the main office or ID office today for a bus sticker.
- 9/3-9/19(Aburto) Attention seniors: The Hispanic College Fair is just around the corner! More than 50 college and universities will be represented at the Centre in Elgin on Tuesday, October 1st. There is no cost for you to attend! You may go either periods 2-4 or 4-6. Space is limited so get your Field trip form in the Guidance Office and return it ASAP.
- 9/4-9/13(Massey) Gamers and fantasy fans -- combine the best of both worlds! Create your own character! Choose your own path! Your decisions change what happens in the game. Join us for Dungeons & Dragons, every Thursday from 3-5, in the English Department Book Room. Come adventure with us.
- 9/10-9/13(Zahora) "Attention class of 2022! We will be selling spiritwear, and other homecoming gear during lunch hours this week. Stop by to order your spiritwear!"
- 9/11-9/13 ATTENTION SENIORS!!Prestige Portraits will be returning to Elgin High School TODAY for Senior Yearbook Photo Day, 10:00am – 3:00pm during your lunch or study hall periods in the corridor by the Main Office.
*For seniors who have not been photographed for the yearbook.
*Come see us during the times above– no appointment needed but a pass is required.
- 9/11-9/16(Guiney) Attention Model UNers, we will have a club meeting next week on Tuesday September17th at 7am in Room 227. The meeting will repeat after school the same day. Check Google Classroom for more information and fill out the form in the announcement post! Missed our information meeting but still interested in Model UN? Come join us Tuesday morning in 227. See Mr. Devine or Mr. Guiney for questions.
- 9/11-9/13(Lennon) Class of 2023! Class color day during Homecoming week is just around the corner. Don't forget to get your very first class shirt ordered by the end of the day Monday September 16th so we can have them here in time for your spirit day! Please find Mrs. Sternal in room 215 or Ms. Lennon in room 213 to place your order and pay for your shirt."
- 9/12-9/18(Druger) Loyola University will be in the Commons on Wednesday, September 18th at 8:30am. See Ms. Saldua in the guidance office for a pass.
- 9/12-9/16(Parciak) Are you an UFC fan, and want to learn the secrets of some of the best fighters? Do you want to get stronger and in better shape? Come to Wrestling Open Mats every Wednesday after school in the wrestling room from 3:30-5:00. No experience necessary and both young men and women are welcome. See Mr. Parciak in the English office if you have any questions.
- 9/13(Chavez) The Treasurer's Office will be closed today staring 4th period.
- 9/13-9/16(Beck) Baseball open field throwing will be every Tuesday and Thursday, starting on September 17th. Anyone can come! If you have any questions, please contact Coach Fasick or Coach Beck.
And as always, remember to wear your ID’s and-
Earn and give respect
Hold yourself responsible