- Prairieview Elementary
The third grade curriculum includes the following areas:
- We stress reading comprehension strategies through the use of shared, guided and independent lessons.
- The Everyday Mathematics series that is used at Prairieview consists of classroom experimentation and math journals.
- The 6 Traits program is our main area of concentration. This program stresses organization, ideas, voice, sentence fluency and conventions.
- We use the Rebecca Sitton spelling program. This program encompasses phonics, word study, spelling rules, and language skills. The goal of this program is to develop mastery of each word in the context of everyday writing.
- Areas of concentration are Magnets and Electricity, Earth Materials and Ideas and Inventions. We also study Nutrition in Health.
- Our focus is communities.
- Third graders are tested in the areas of reading and math.
- In third grade, students are responsible for keeping an assignment notebook. Please make sure you are checking these daily.
Meetings / Conferences
- Please call or write to schedule an appointment.