August 20, 2013
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Police Department would like to address a concern of safety with regard to the traffic flow before and after school. There are a lot of parents who choose to drive to Fox Meadow Elementary School to drop off and pick up their children. The School and Police Department understand that it is your prerogative to do so. It is asked that in order to obtain the best and safest traffic flow that you be mindful of the designated drop off and pick up locations as well as posted zones of “No Parking” as well as “No Stopping or Standing Zones.”
Be mindful of the school personnel present outside to aid in the children safely being dropped off or picked up.
- Obey the speed limit when with in the school zones and remember, no cell phone use when within a school zone.
- Stop at all stop signs and use your turn signals.
- Obey the stop signs of school buses.
- Obey posted “No Parking” zones as well as those posted “No Stopping, Standing or Parking”.
- Do not cross or allow your children to cross in the middle of street. Please use the crosswalks.
- Drivers please remember to “Stop” and yield to pedestrians within a crosswalk.
It is asked that everyone please be patient and courteous towards each other. We all have the same interest in mind: the safety of your children.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school or myself.
Sgt. Randy Endean