As of March 17, 2020 the following events in School District U-46 have been canceled or postponed:
- Citizens’ Advisory Council meeting and committee meetings scheduled in March - CANCELED
- African American Advisory Council in March - CANCELED
- Years of Service Ceremony - POSTPONED
- Volunteer Reception - CANCELED
- Dual Language Informational Meetings in March - CANCELED / April meetings may be postponed
- Kindergarten Orientations - CANCELED
Board of Education Meetings: On March 16, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker, by Executive Order, suspended portions of the Open Meetings Act so that Boards can convene electronically. As a result, the U-46 Board of Education meeting on March 16 occurred via teleconference, but was accessible to the public via YouTube or in-person at the Educational Services Center. (Occupancy was limited to 10 individuals in the room.) The next BOE meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 6, and details on how it will be conducted will be shared here once details are finalized.
This page will be updated regularly.