Welcome from Spring Trail Elementary School
August 1, 2022
Dear Spring Trail Families,
It’s hard to believe, but the 2022-2023 school year will begin in just a few short weeks! We hope everyone has had a great summer filled with plenty of interaction with friends and loved ones. I am Pete La Chance and am excited to be serving as the Principal of Spring Trail School for the 2022-23 school year. Our Assistant Principal, Mrs. Anne Cordina is also a proud new member of the Spring Trail community. While we are both new to Spring Trail, we are not new to education or to our roles. We bring 25 years of educational administration experience with us and we are both energized by working with others to help everyone be successful.
Mrs. Cordina and I have been working hard to learn as much about what the Spring Trail School community does to be successful so that we can join in on the fun. We have had teachers come in during the summer months to help plan for the upcoming year. The PTO has helped by sharing their ideas and plans for bringing our community together, and we cannot wait for the students to bring their energy and excitement for learning to our building on a daily basis.
Mr. Mead is our new Head Custodian at Spring Trail. He, Mrs. Cordina, and I have all been working in the building together and we are ready for everyone else to join us. To say we are EXCITED to meet everyone, is an understatement!
The start of the school year comes with a plethora of information to share. I have tried to break up and condense the information for you. I apologize in advance for the need for additional information in future letters, so that we can introduce ourselves and give you manageable information now . I’ve tried to categorize the information below so you can find what you are looking for quickly.
- Thursday, August 11: Parents can log into Infinite Campus to see who their child’s teacher will be for the 2022-2023 school year. We anticipate you being able to view this information at approximately 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 16: First Day of School!
- The first day will be a full day of school beginning at 8:30 am and ending at 2:30 pm
- Thursday, August 18 (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm) - Parent Curriculum Night
- This event will be in person this year at Spring Trail.
- More information about this night will be coming soon
School Supplies and meals
- U-46 will provide all required school supplies for students in PreK through 6th grade for the 2022-2023 school year.
- U-46 will provide all students with breakfast and lunch for the 2022-2023 school year.
Odds and Ends Information
- The District’s website is where you’ll find the official calendar for the 2022-2023 school year, including important dates like winter break, school holidays, and the last day of school (May 31, 2023, if no emergency days are used).
- If you still need to complete registration for your child, please visit the District’s Registration Department website page to begin the process online. The registration office can be reached at 847-888-5000 ext. 5016. You can also contact Mrs. Zavala in the Spring Trail School office after August 2nd. Our phone number is (630)213-6230 for assistance.
- Students entering Preschool/Early Childhood, Kindergarten, 6th, 9th and 12th grade are required to submit health records to school on or before the first day of school. For more information, please visit the District’s Health Services Department section.
- As a reminder:
- Vision exams for Kindergarten are required by October 15th, 2022.
- Dental exams for Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th and 9th grade are due by May 15th, 2023.
It is my honor to work with all of our families, our staff, and, most importantly, our students. I am looking forward to an exciting, productive, and rigorous 2022-2023 school year.
Pete La Chance
Principal - Spring Trail School