Hilltop is proud to be one of U-46's 16 One-Way and Two-Way Dual Language Schools. Hilltop's Two-Way Dual Language Program offers a 50/50 English-Spanish split to classes comprised of English dominant and Spanish dominant students. Hilltop offers Two-Way Dual Language classes in Kindergarten through sixth grade.
Hilltop's Dual Language Staff:
- Norma Frey - Kindergarten Two-way Dual Language Teacher
- Karina Rosa - Kindergarten Two-way Dual Language Teacher
- Amalia Chavez - 1st Grade Two-way Dual Language Teacher
- Leticia Carrillo - 1st/2nd Grade One-way Dual Language Teacher
- Ana Maldonado - 2nd Grade Two-Way Dual Language Teacher
- Pedro Callejas - 3rd Grade Two-Way Dual Language Teacher
- Fatima Cisneros - 4th Grade Two-Way Dual Language Teacher
- David Hinojosa - 5th Grade Two-Way Dual Language Teacher
- Laura Paramo - 6th Grade Two-Way Dual Language Teacher
Dual language is a form of bilingual education in which students are taught literacy and content in two languages.
Dual language programs foster bilingualism, bi-literacy, enhanced awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity, and high levels of academic achievement through instruction in two languages.
...Taken from National Dual Language Consortium
One Way vs. Two Way Dual Language One Way Dual Language Two Way Dual Language
One linguistic group of students is involved
1. Native speakers of Spanish eligible for ELL services
Two linguistic groups of students are involved
1. Native speakers of Spanish that are eligible AND entitled to receive ELL services
2. Native speakers of English or English dominant students are invited to participate as an enrichment program.
Click here to visit the U-46 Dual Language page.