Becoming a Paraeducator (Teacher's Aid)

  • In order to work as a Para Educator, you need to have ONE of the following credentials:

    yellow line

    • An Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) with a Paraprofessional (PARA) endorsement (Para Educator License or ELS-PARA); or
    • A Short-Term Paraprofessional Approval (Short Term Para Educator Approval); or
    • A Substitute Teaching License; or
    • A Short-Term Substitute License (only valid until June 30, 2028); or
    • A Professional Educator License (PEL) with any type of endorsement

    The requirements for a Para Educator License (ELS-PARA) and the Short-Term Para Educator Approval are listed below:

  • FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)


Additional Resource Links