STORM PARENTS ATTENDANCE INFORMATION
As we end this week of remote learning, we would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge all of the hard work, attention, and effort on the part of our students, staff, and parents. The digital learning curve can be challenging and may require additional assistance. If your child is in need of any support, please contact a member of the student support team (SST): teacher, counselor, social worker, or dean. One area that we would like to offer some clarity about is student attendance. Here are some helpful points to follow:
- If your child is marked absent to any class, please contact the attendance office at 847-289-3760 ext: 3365 to authorize the absence.
- If you are calling to authorize your child’s absence, please understand that the absence will be coded as an excused absence in Infinite Campus and not present.
- Student attendance will not be taken during asynchronous periods.
- Teachers are not permitted to “clear” your child’s absence.
- Students are not allowed to excuse their absences.
If you have any questions, please contact the attendance office or any member of your child’s SST.
Just some quick reminders about attendance during remote learning. For high school, an A/B day schedule will be followed, to balance synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
All teachers are live or fully available during all scheduled class period meeting times, both synchronous and asynchronous. **Schedule posted to SEHS website weekly
- On an A day (red day), students would attend synchronous lessons during periods 1, 2, 5, and 6.
- On a B day (blue day), students would attend synchronous lessons during periods 3, 4, 7, and 8
Teachers will take student attendance daily via Infinite Campus
- During synchronous lessons, teachers will take attendance in Infinite Campus during the class period.
Daily attendance calls will be sent at noon via ConnectEd messaging system for students who miss a period. These will be both emails and phone calls to parents or household numbers listed in Infinite Campus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the attendance secretary at 847-289-3760 extension 3365.
Bullying Reporting and Resources
Anyone can report a bullying incident via the online U-46 reporting form
Complaints can be made anonymously, or they can share their name and contact information. The District Coordinator of Student Discipline will receive notification of the form being filed.
A student can report bullying to any adult at any school site, but the most appropriate individuals are most likely a teacher, social worker, dean, assistant principal, or principal.
Bullying is defined under Board Policy 7.193