Click LOGO to Learn More!
Community Resource Guide
The Parent Map is a parent education course designed to engage struggling parents in not only finding strength but in developing skills that will assist them in parenting their children lovingly yet effectively.
You can find more information about this group HERE
El mapa para padres es un curso de educación para padres diseñado para involucrar a los padres con dificultades no solo para encontrar fuerzas, sino también para desarrollar habilidades que los ayudarán a criar a sus hijos con amor y eficacia.
Puedes encontrar más información sobre este grupo AQUÍ
Com Ed Payment Assistance
With the majority of student learning taking place remotely, ComEd understands that some of our staff and families may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of the ongoing pandemic. That is why they have reached out to let us know of its bill assistance options available to help those struggling with past-due balances. If you are aware of anyone that could benefit from additional support, please have them call ComEd immediately at 800-334-7661 (Mon - Fri from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.). They may also visit ComEd.com/support to learn more about the different payment assistance options and eligibility requirements. Here is copied text from their direct email:
- CARE Customer Hardship Grants. Residential customers facing financial hardship may be eligible to receive one-time CARE grants from ComEd to help them get back on their feet.
- COVID-19 Financial Bill Assistance. A one-time bill assistance credit of up to $500 is available this year for eligible, low-income households.
- Flexible, Extended Payment Arrangements. For a limited time, low-income households and residential customers expressing financial hardship may be eligible for a flexible payment arrangement so they can spread balances over 24 payments, with 0% down. Residential customers who may not be facing financial hardship, but would like to spread balances, may be able to do so over 18 payments, with no more than 25% down.
- Waiver of New Deposits and Fee Relief. ComEd is waiving any new deposit requirements for a limited time for customers expressing financial hardship and extending relief from various fees (such as reconnection fees) to help low-income residential customers.
- State and Federal Financial Energy Assistance. Illinois’ Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) and the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) also provide valuable financial help to households that may be facing financial challenges.
DELIVERING THANKSGIVING MEALS, KINDNESS, AND HOPE
Our mission is to provide a basket containing a complete Thanksgiving dinner to struggling families within the Streamwood, Hanover Park, Bartlett, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Elk Grove, Elgin, and South Elgin areas in order to bring a sense of hope, knowing that their community cares about them. Each basket will feed a family of five. We’ve created this charity with the purpose of bringing together people who share a desire to help others – knowing that the true gift is in the giving.