- Larkin High
High School Conditioning Camps
Dear U-46 High School students and families,
I hope this email finds you well. As you probably know, Illinois has been in Phase 3 of its reopening for the past two weeks. As we continue to navigate planning for next school year, we have received additional guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) regarding what types of in-person activities are allowed in Phase 3. The guidance states that we can conduct in-person summer conditioning camps for students. These camps are not sport specific, but rather they focus on physical activity for students. The importance of keeping students active, especially after several months of no in-person sessions with coaches, compelled us to allow for summer conditioning camps to take place at our five comprehensive high schools: Bartlett, Elgin, Larkin, South Elgin, and Streamwood.
These camps are open to all registered high school students. We will offer two 2-hour sessions of conditioning camp each week, from Monday - Thursday, beginning Monday, June 22. Each school’s athletic director will send session times, registration and additional details to students and their families. There is no cost to attend conditioning camp. The last date of conditioning camp will depend on when we enter Phase 4 of Illinois’ Reopening Plan..
All camp activities will take place outside with nine student participants and one coach. The following precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of all students and staff:
- Any student or staff member that registers for and shows up to participate in camp must declare or make the attestation that they are fever-free and do not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Signs will be placed outside high schools to mark appropriate drop-off, pick-up, and check-in stations. More specific details regarding drop-off and pick-up will be communicated to registered participants.
- Students will be required to check in to the conditioning camp prior to going to their group.
- Port-o-potties and hand washing stations will be available for student use, and students will be expected to wash their hands before and after they participate in camp.
- Participants shall bring their own water bottles, shoes, towels, and other personal equipment. The use of locker rooms, shared water coolers with cups, and water fountains will be prohibited.
- Students will remain participants in one group and will not be permitted to switch groups.
Should Illinois enter into Phase 4 of reopening, ISBE and IHSA will release additional guidance regarding hosting sport-specific camps. At that time, we will communicate additional information regarding the last date of Conditioning Camp and our plan to host Summer Athletic Camps that are sport specific.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your high school Athletic Director:
Bartlett High School: Jeff Bral email@example.com
Elgin High School: Paul Pennington firstname.lastname@example.org
Larkin High School: Ethan Karolczak email@example.com
South Elgin High School: Mike Jezioro firstname.lastname@example.org
Streamwood High School: Jason Ziols email@example.com
Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Schools
Instruction and Equity