The mission of the Bartlett High School Science Department is to give each student an understanding of the nature of science by incorporating the theoretical aspects of the discipline into the real life experiences of the student by exposing the students to a variety of courses using a lab-oriented format that engages them in experimentation, problem solving and problem-based learning.
Science Vision Statement
In partnership with math, we will honor the individuality of our student learners by differentiation. We believe in providing a safe learning environment that fosters student success.
As a department, we believe students must:
- Develop skills in observation, investigation, problem solving, communication and the use of technology.
- Acquire knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication in problem-solving, critical thinking, computational and research skills.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others while demonstrating respect for diversity.
- Become morally responsible and active citizens to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate the habit of life-long learning while exploring future educational and career opportunities.
Bartlett High School Science Department is dedicated to providing educational opportunities through a commitment to excellence and the engagement of partnership with the community that fosters pride through example which will allow our students to reach these goals.