The Bartlett High School Community strives to create a culture that motivates each individual to reach their fullest potential. As a learning community, we believe our mission is to promote academic and personal success for all. We honor and foster the uniqueness of our members including respect for ourselves, each other, and the learning environment. We succeed in developing the mind, body, and character. Through these principles, our members become responsible, contributing members in the global society.
- Campus: 22-acre campus including athletic fields and pond.
- Facilities: BHS has approximately 400,000+ square feet and consists of approximately 135 interior classrooms
- Size: Approximately 168 certified staff members and 2,405 students. The average graduating class is 580 seniors.
- School colors: navy blue, hunter green and white.
- Mascot: HAWK
- Extra Curricular Activities: More than 70 different activities are offered to students including athletics, fine arts, and various clubs/organizations.
- Community: Bartlett High School is one of five high schools in School District U-46, the second largest unit district in Illinois. Located approximately 35 miles west of Chicago, Bartlett High School serves a diverse community from a wide range of socioeconomic, educational, and ethnic backgrounds.
- School: Bartlett High School is a public four-year comprehensive high school with a certified staff of 171. Bartlett's first class graduated in June 2000. Enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year is 2382* with an anticipated graduation class of 566 seniors. Bartlett High School is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the Illinois Department of Education. Bartlett High School is also the home of the Science, Engineering, and Technology Academy within School District U46.
*Enrollment as of 9/9/21
- Curriculum: Over 200 courses are offered so that students may challenge themselves to meet their potential as well as to explore areas of interest. Classes are 50 minutes in length, five days per week. Students receive one credit per semester for each course successfully completed except for some Advanced Placement classes which meet for 1.5 periods per day and receive 1.5 credits. 40 semester credits are required for the graduating class of 2022, including the following:
8 credits in English
6 credits in Mathematics
4 credits in Sciences (2 Physical Science; 2 Biology)
1 credit in Health
7 credits in Physical Education
2 credits in U.S. History
1 credit in Economics
1 credit in Civics
The following Advanced Placement classes are available:
Biology Computer Science Principles Government and Politics Psychology World History Calculus AB English Language and Composition Human Geography Spanish Language Calculus BC English Literature and Composition Macroeconomics Spanish Literature Chemistry Environmental Science Physics 1 Statistics Computer Science A European History Physics C U.S. History
In May 2021, 591 students took a total of 973 AP exams. 52.6% of the grades reported resulted in a score of 3 or higher.
- Testing Results:
ACT: This test is no longer sponsored by Bartlett High School, nor School District U-46, as Bartlett High School is now an SAT school.
- Awards and Recognitions: 68 students from the 2021 graduating class were recognized as Illinois State Scholars by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- Post Secondary Plans: The Class of 2021, in which 529 students graduated, 81% planned to enter college in the fall with the following breakdown of information:
48% 4 year colleges
28% 2 year colleges
1% Trade/technical school
4% Military or known employment
The above statistics were based on submitted “Final Transcript Request” forms.
Freshman-Juniors Michelle Langerock A-Conf Ext. 4639 Tom VanBooven Castro-Galati Ext. 4191 Stephanie Fullhart Han-Maca Ext. 4636 Cheryl Hilvert Macb-Patel, M Ext. 4686 Laura Laursen Patel, N-Sh Ext. 4637 Erin Bean Si-Z Ext. 4687 Diana Miranda Dual Language Ext. 4638 Seniors Michelle Langerock A-Castillo Ext. 4639 Tom VanBooven Castro-Galati Ext. 4191 Stephanie Fullhart Gall-Kro Ext. 4636 Michelle Langerock Kron-Lacala Ext. 4639 Tom VanBooven Lackowski-Levato Ext. 4191 Laura Laursen Lewandowski-Lill/Little Ext. 4637 Michelle Langerock Linkevich-Linnartz Ext. 4639 Erin Bean Loiacano Ext. 4687 Diana Miranda Lopez-Mejia Ext. 4638 Cheryl Hilvert Mellace-Phil Ext. 4686 Laura Laursen Pia-Sokol Ext. 4637 Erin Bean Sonani-Z Ext. 4687 Aaron Wichman Guidance Director Ext. 4630 Christine Donnelly Registrar Ext. 4633