The mission of the Bartlett High School Math Department is to give each student an understanding of the nature of mathematics by incorporating the theoretical aspects of the discipline into the real life experiences of the student by exposing the students to a variety of courses that engage them in problem solving and problem-based learning.
In partnership with science, we will honor the individuality of our student learners by differentiation. We believe in providing a safe learning environment that fosters student success.
As a department, we believe students must:
- Develop skills in observation, investigation, problem solving, communication and the use of technology.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication in problem-solving, critical thinking, computational and research skills.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others while demonstrating respect for diversity.
- Become morally responsible and active citizens to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate the habit of life-long learning while exploring future educational and career opportunities
Bartlett High School Math Department is dedicated to providing educational opportunities, commitment to excellence and the engagement of partnership with the community that fosters pride through example which will allow our students to reach these goals.
TI-Nspire is the U-46 approved calculator. Students may purchase their calculator through Valley Business Machines. One nice feature of buying through this company is that parents may call to order, and the price includes shipping to the student's home.
Math Course Flowchart & 4 Year Plan