Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning
The Information Literacy Standards reinforce the relationship between school libraries and student learning.
Category I: Information Literacy
The student who is information literate...
- Standard 1: ...accesses information efficiently and effectively.
- Standard 2: ...evaluates information critically and competently.
- Standard 3: ...uses information accurately and creatively.
Category II: Independent Learning
The student who is an independent learner is information literate and...
- Standard 4: ...pursues information related to personal interests.
- Standard 5: ...appreciates literature and other creative expressions of information.
- Standard 6: ...strives for excellence in information seeking and knowledge generation.
Category III: Social Responsibility
The student who contributes positively to the learning community and to society is information literate and...
- Standard 7: ...recognizes the importance of information to a demographic society.
- Standard 8: ...practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Standard 9: ...participates effectively in groups to pursue and generate information.