Elgin High SchoolHome of the Maroons!
The Elgin High School Class of 2019 Graduation Ceremony will be held at the Sears Centre at 8am.
It's time to register for NEXT School year!
Online Registration opens April 1st!
Parents, please visit the district's website at u-46.org and select the Infinite Campus Link to:
- Log on
- Pay fees
- Complete Online Registration
- Check messages
Registration packets were mailed to homes at the end of March. Save $20 per student by paying registration fees before May 31s, for grades 1-12. New this year! Option to upload documents into your online registration!
All returning students MUST be registered online by May 31st!
For more information visit district.u-46.org/registration or call (847)888-5000 ext.5715 or 5016(Español)
We love seeing our students every day at school!
Every day in school counts and helps build the foundation for your child’s academic success. Extended absences and/or vacations during the school year are discouraged and considered unexcused absences. The only approved vacation periods for U-46 occur during winter recess, spring recess, and summer vacation. Thank you, as always, for your support and cooperation!
Elgin High School Student Bulletin
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- 5/16-5/22(Flota) All Seniors, you will be returning your Chromebook and Chromebook charger through your Economics or Civics class on Wednesday, May 22nd. If you are absent on the 22nd or you do not have a Civics or Economics class you must come to the main office to return your Chromebook and Chromebook charger before your last day of school which is Friday, May 24th.
- 5/16-5/22(Flota) All Freshmen through Juniors you will not be turning in your Chromebook at the end of the school year. You will be allowed to keep it over the summer unless you will be moving outside of the district. If you are transferring out of Elgin High School please bring your Chromebook and Chromebook charger to the main office between Thursday, May 23rd and the last day of school which is Wednesday, May 29th.
- 5/16-5/23(Grano) "Attention future AP Chemistry students: If you are taking AP Chemistry next year, please stop by room 158 for your summer packet."
- 5/17-5/22(Osberg) Attention future AP Physics students: If you are taking AP Physics 1 or C next year, please stop by room 150 for your summer packet.
- 5/20-5/29(Mallen) “If you enrolled in AP Environmental for next year please pick up summer work information from outside room 160. You need this information PRIOR to the start of the school year. Please see Ms. Mallen for more information.”
- 5/20-5/22(Kolanko) "The last Gay-Straight Alliance meeting will be happening TODAY at 3pm in room 125. We will be watching the movie Bohemian Rhapsody."
- 5/20-5/24(Zahora) "Freshman Class T-shirts are in! If you placed an order, you can either pick it up from Ms. Zahora in the choir room, or you can pick it up before school starts from council members every day this week!"
- 5/21-5/24(Flota) Seniors, Please take a few moments to take a short three question survey through your Naviance account. Thank you for your time.
- 5/21-5/23(Trimble) Are you taking AP Biology next year? Please stop into Room 163 during a passing period or before or after school to pick-up your summer packet. Looking forward to seeing you.
- 5/21-5/23(Flota) Our annual student locker clean-out will be conducted on Thursday, May 23rd during 8th period. An announcement will be made at 1:50pm. to signal the end of 7th period and the start of the locker clean-out procedure. A bell will sound at 2:00pm signaling the end of the cleanout. Please remove all personal effects, pictures or graphics from locker walls and deposit them in the trash/recycle containers. All school property items should be returned to the proper school department to avoid fines for lost or damaged books.The lockers will be fumigated during the summer and all personal property will be removed and discarded.Thank you for your cooperation!
- 5/21-5/24(Flota) Elgin High School will dismiss all students @ 12:40pm on Friday, May 24th to accommodate graduation rehearsal for seniors. Busses will not be available until 2:55pm on this day. Please do your best to arrange alternate transportation.
- 5/21-5/24(Druger) Seniors, please fill out Final Transcript Release Forms from the Guidance Dept.
- 5/21-5/24(Chavez) Message: Attention Seniors! A list with outstanding fees has been posted at Treasurer's Office. If your ID number is there make sure to clear Outstanding balances before Graduation.
- 5/22-5/23(Mason) Are you interested in being a part of the Elgin High School football program? Do you want to be a football manager, or a director of media Come to the football informational this Thursday May 23rd in room 243 at 305pm. Here you will learn about summer and the upcoming fall season. Any questions contact Coach Mason. Go Maroons!
- 5/21-5/23(Mazade) Do you want to be a part of one of the globe's most popular sports? Want to cultivate relevant skills like teamwork, honesty, focus, sportsmanship, and goal-setting? If so, golf is for you! Join the golf team and your future self will thank you. No experience or equipment is necessary. For current golfers and anyone interested in playing golf next fall, there will be a short, informational meeting after school on Thursday, May 23rd in room 235. If you cannot make it, please see Coach Mazade and he will provide you with the details.
- 5/22-5/23(Montgomery) Attention students. If you signed up for driver's education for the 2019-2020 school year, there will be a meeting in the auditorium on Friday at 7:15 to help you get your permit early. Check your email for the invite which is to FALL Semester students only. For questions, email Mr. Montgomery
- 5/22-5/23(Bumbales) Attention all girl's interested in playing girls’ basketball. There will be a brief meeting after school on Thursday, May 23rd in the fieldhouse to discuss summer camp and also summer league. Girls’ Basketball Meeting - Thursday, May 23rd after school in the fieldhouse. If you have any questions, please stop by the science office and see Coach Bumbales.
Earn and give respect
Hold yourself responsible