The Music Academy
FOCUS AREA INTRODUCTION:
The music curriculum is designed to help students become highly trained on their respective instrument or voice as well as develop overall as a musician. This course of study includes guided practice on individual instruments/voice, building suitable repertoire to be used in the audition process, studies of music history, music theory and sight singing/ear training. Students will have performance opportunities, participate in master classes with professional musicians, attend guest performances, and participate in competitions.
FOCUS AREA PHILOSOPHY:
The study of music contributes to the overall quality of life. Through singing, playing instruments, and composing, students are able to express themselves creatively. Knowledge of notation and performance traditions enables them to learn new music independently throughout their lives. Skills in analysis, evaluation, and synthesis are important because they enable students to recognize and pursue excellence in their musical experiences. The ability to listen and perform with understanding is essential if students are to gain a broad cultural and historical perspective on music. The adult life of every student is enriched by the skills, knowledge, and habits acquired in the study of music.
FOCUS AREA GOALS:
- To prepare students for college and professional auditions.
- To give students the tools for lifelong learning outside the classroom.
- To provide opportunities for and support students in their desire to perform and study music in depth.
FOCUS AREA INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- Students will perform a variety of solo repertoire with musical understanding.
- Students will research and write a paper about their repertoire
- Students will accurately sight read solo and ensemble repertoire.
- Students will understand different job opportunities in the music industry.
Brendyn Dobbeck, etc. 4500
Ruth Cavanaugh, ext. 8301
Tom Weyland, ext. 8422
Orchestral Audition String Scales. Scroll to your instrument: Violin, Viola, Cello or Bass
Orchestral String Etudes. Scroll to your instrument: Violin, Viola, Cello or Bass