Elgin High School
Associate Principal Mr. Alan Flota firstname.lastname@example.org
A-CAN Mrs. Spear email@example.com
CAR-FLOR Mr. Riding firstname.lastname@example.org
FRA-I Mr. McCarthy email@example.com
J-ME Mrs. Proia firstname.lastname@example.org
MI-RAME Mr. Hess email@example.com
RAMI-SMITH Mrs. Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
SOL-T, ELL 4+5 Mrs. Losowski email@example.com
U-Z, ELL 1-3 Mr. Aburto firstname.lastname@example.org
A-GI Mrs. Vecchio email@example.com
GO-O Mrs. Larison firstname.lastname@example.org
P-Z Ms. Kim email@example.com
You can book an appointment here!
Attendance and Grading
- Log in to your Infinite Campus Portal by 10am Monday-Friday to mark yourself present
- You will receive a reminder email everyday - follow the link to the portal
Your 3rd quarter grade is your current grade and your semester grade cannot fall below that.
If you are unhappy with your quarter grade we encourage you to take any reassessment opportunities you can and to complete missing assignments
Review expectations for students in a Distance Learning environment.
Create a to -do list and check off items you’ve completed
Also take some time and organize your room so that you can be productive (move distractions out of sight etc)
Need help with assignments?
Khan Academy (Log in through Clever)
Find What Works For You!
- If you always study in groups, try a virtual study session with your group (Google Hangouts can help with this).
- If you thrive on tight timelines, but now have a more open schedule, think about how working with others or setting up a schedule can recreate that for you. When that gets hard, see if you can do just fifteen minutes at a time.
- For more ideas visit shine.com
Post Secondary Resources
If you would like to check out virtual tours of college
campuses, here are a few resources :
Follow your chosen school(s) on social media
Check-in with Us!
This is how we can talk:
- Family Service Association of Greater Elgin
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 -OR- call 800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-SAFE
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault (217)753-4117
- Free Internet Service
Greetings from Elgin High School Guidance Department!
As you know, we strive to provide your child with the very best information and resources so that your family can make the best decisions possible in high school, including which college to attend.
We are pleased to announce a partnership with SimpliCollege, a 9th-12th grade college preparation platform that has just as much for families as it does for students! SimpliCollege breaks down the college process into lessons based on the topics that matter most to you: searching for colleges, applying to schools, and getting the most financial aid possible. It also includes tools and resources to make college as painless as possible.
All you need to do to get access to SimpliCollege is go to https://www.simplicollege.com/
elgin and create an account. Your child should create one as well since the student portal, SimpliStudent, is set up based on your child’s grade.
We think you’ll enjoy all that SimpliCollege has to offer and hope you find it helpful as your family navigates the road to college!
If you have any questions ,contact your counselor.
The Counseling Team
Having Chromebook problems? Contact Technical Support