College & Career Information
Elgin High School is focused on planning for student academic success throughout their high school career and preparing all students for attaining their post-secondary hopes and dreams.
Our School Counselors helps students transition into high school, to developing a four-year plan, to making appropriate adjustments along the way, and navigating the college exploration process, our counselors are experts in high school and post-secondary planning. Counselors are assigned to students for all four years to develop relationships that promote a personalized approach to success.
There are many websites available for students and parents to help decide what you are going to do after high school. On these websites they will inform you what you need to consider when deciding on a career choice, courses you need to take, and college entrance exam scores required.
- Career Resource Websites
- Vocational Career information
- Military Career Information
- College Planning
- College Requirements - 2 year or 4 year college/universities
- College Guide to Campus Visits
- Letter of Recomendation Form
- Job Hunting Information
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities Ranking from U.S. News & World Report article
- Jobs for teens HQ