AP of STEM
Fundamentals of Welding Grades 10-12
Through hands-on integration and practice students will:
- practice welding blocks, duct work, casting products, oxygen/acetylene cutting and metal fastening methods.
- preview metal working processes and career opportunities in the field.
Welding Technology I & II Grades 11-12
Prerequisite: Fundamentals of Welding (Tech I) and Tech I (Tech II)
- advance skills including ARC,MIG, and TIG welding.
- acquire skills in plasma cutting and blue print reading.
- practice out of position welding, aluminum welding, welded sculptors and nut & bolt miniatures.
- design and fabricate a product.
Automotive Technology Grades 10-12
- combine lab work with related instruction in the four National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation areas.
- Focus on electrical/electronics, brakes, steering and suspension, engine design, construction and performance.
- demonstrate use of hand tools, power tools and automotive diagnostic equipment.
Advanced Automotive Technology Grades 11-12
Prerequisite: Automotive Technology
- use a variety of testing devices, equipment and specialty tools to supplement their learning in the 4 NATEF areas of advanced systems diagnosis.
- apply intermediate testing and diagnostic techniques on electrical systems, fuel injection, ignition, computer systems, suspension, steering and brakes.
- prepare for ASE(Automotive Service Excellence) testing.
Automotive Service Grade 12
Prerequisite: Advanced Automotive Technology
- prepare for a career in the automotive field and ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) testing.
- engage in diagnosis of vehicle in a repair facility atmosphere using a variety of testing instruments and specialty tools.
- develop advanced skills in electrical, fuel injection, ignition, computer systems, emissions, steering/suspension, brakes and engine performance.
Project Lead the Way (PLTW)
Engineering and Design Technology
Intro to Engineering Design (IED) Grades 9-12
Through project, problem based activities, students will:
- explore the design process, solid modeling, design and development and Computer Aided Drafting(CAD).
- use team focused opportunities to develop innovative designs involving real world products.
Principles of Engineering(POE) grades 10-12
Prerequisite: Introduction to Engineering Design(IED)
Using a combination of teamwork and problem solving skills in hands-on projects, students will:
- apply physical principles, robotics and mechanical exploration.
- experience major concepts in post-secondary courses of study in medicine, engineering, business, architectural, manufacturing and science.
- Civil Engineering and Architecture(CEA) Grades 10-12