Streamwood High School Counseling
To call your counselor dial 630-213-5500 and his or her extension.
Key upcoming events:
College Application Days - Tuesday and Wednesday, October 1 and 2
● Outside guidance at Streamwood High School during lunch periods
● Assistance for students to complete applications and request transcripts
● Help is always available. If you can't meet with your counselor Oct. 1 or 2, set up an appointment!
FAFSA Completion Workshops - Tuesday and Wednesday, October 8 and 9
● 6-8pm In Streamwood High School’s D12A/B Computer Labs
● Assistance for parents and students to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
● Help for all is available both nights. Spanish speakers will available on Thursday, October 4th
● Parents, please bring your 2018 tax returns to this workshop
● Student(s) and parents will both need to provide an email address for this event (If you do not
● have one, there will be assistance available to help you create one)
College Planning -
Parents and Seniors: Now is the time to apply to college, and there is help available. Streamwood’s Counselors are available to help students complete college applications and send transcripts. Please join us for at least one period and get some applications done! Whether it’s 10 minutes to apply at ECC or 30 minutes of work on the Common App, these are great days to apply and be ahead of any application deadlines. For an overview of the process (as shown at our College Plan Night on Sept. 17, click here.
Upcoming College Visits
Representatives from colleges around the country visit Streamwood High School to talk about their schools. These visits are a great way to learn about colleges generally, and these schools specifically. We encourage any of our Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors to visit with these schools. To do so, see Mrs. Neuman in Guidance to get a pass! To see a list of all the upcoming college visits, access your Navaince account and look under Colleges -> Research Colleges -> College Visits
Download a copy of our 2019-2020 school profile here.
Streamwood High School's ACT / ETS Code is 144038.
How to use U-46 Computers (network login), Infinite Campus for students or parents, and students' U-46 Google/Gmail Account to keep up with your academics. For Naviance, log into your student Google account, then open Clever and click on the Naviance icon.
U-46 has moved to Naviance for our career and college planning, college search, resources, scholarship resources, transcript requests, and all the other elements of career and college planning. It is accessible to all students through their Google account through Clever. For a short, downloadable overview of Naviance, click here. For a copy of our new transcript request authorization, click here.
College Admission Terms
You've heard of "Early Admission," "Early Decision," etc. But what do those terms actually mean? Click on this link to learn about the different admission options.
A.V.I.D. (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
Your school counselors at Streamwood work closely with the AVID program! For more information on AVID, click here.