School District U-46 wants all students to be prepared for the first day of school.
Being #U46FirstDayReady is more than just setting the alarm on Wednesday, Aug. 14. A little bit of advance preparation at home can make sure our students are ready for a fantastic school year.
You'll find lots of information and resources here in this section of the website. Here are some simple tips:
- If you still have to complete registration for your child, you can register online at any time of day via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. If you need assistance, please contact the school your child will be attending.
- If you have yet to purchase school supplies, you can find the building lists here on the District’s website.
- The District’s website is also where you’ll find the official calendar for the 2019-20 school year, including important dates like winter break, school holidays and the last day of school.
- Students starting kindergarten, 6th, 9th, and 12th grades have to meet certain health requirements to attend classes. Forms and requirements can be found on the U-46 website under Health Services. If you have any questions, please contact the Health Services Offices at 847-888-5000, extension 5334.
- If you are looking for information on which bus and route serves your home, bus pick-up and drop-off times and locations will be posted on the Parent Portal under the "transportation" tab starting Aug. 9. A special "back to school" call center will also be open at the Transportation Department on Aug. 12 and Aug. 13 at 847-888-5095 for questions. It will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. both days.
- As in previous years, the District has implemented a policy for free and reduced-price lunch and breakfast for those students unable to pay the full price for meals under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs. Meal applications for the 2019-20 school year are now available at https://frapps.horizonsolana.com/welcome.
- If you have questions or concerns you would like to share with the District offices, a specific department, or school building, Let’s Talk is a customer service tool that ensures your feedback finds its way directly to the U-46 staff member who can help.
- If your child participated in the #U46SummerReadingChallenge, don't forget to turn in the completed reading logs to your local public library!
- Start adjusting your student's bedtime and morning routines now, so that getting up early once school starts won't be as difficult.
- Make time for a conversation with your children before Aug. 14 about how they feel about the new school year. They might be excited, happy, nervous or worried -- or all of the above! Talking about their hopes and concerns - and your family’s own expectations and school-year routines -- can help everyone start off the year with a positive attitude.