U-46 early childhood programs offer a continuum of educational services to meet the individual needs of children. Early learning, developmentally appropriate experiences support children's social, academic and physical development, helping to prepare them for a successful kindergarten experience.
U-46 offers a free screening service for all 3 to 4-year-old children residing in the district. The screening is a brief test of a child's development that can determine if a child is progressing as expected for his/her age. In order to determine eligibility for our preschool programs, families must participate in screening. All screenings are offered in English and Spanish.
You must complete the district's online registration in order to be offered a screening appointment. We will not make an appointment for the screening if online registration has not been completed. It may take several weeks before a U-46 staff member contacts you for a screening appointment.
Please be aware that this is not a guarantee that your child will be accepted and enrolled in preschool.
If you need assistance with completing the online registration, please email Ana at email@example.com to set up an appointment for assistance.
Please select the link that best represents your registration status for the 2023-2024 school year:
Smartphones cannot be used to fill out the Online Registration Application. You will need to use a tablet or a computer.
- New to the district, family not registered, click here.
- A current family that has not completed registration for students for the 2023-2024 school year, click here.
- A current family that has completed registration for students for the 2023-2024 school year and wishes to add a preschool student click here.
At the time of your screening appointment, you will also need to provide:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of your family's annual income
- Documentation of your families' residency in U-46
- School physical from within the last year