The District Records Department is responsible for myriad critical functions such as state aid claims, attendance tracking, federal and state reports, student transfer records, high school transcripts and medical records, immigration forms and Freedom of Information Requests. 

    Contact Information
    Phone: 847-888-5000 ext. 5033, ext. 5693
    Fax: 847-608-2759

    Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

    Please submit your signed request and payment to: 

    School District U-46
    Attn: District Records Office, Room 120
    355 E. Chicago St.
    Elgin, IL 60120 

    Read the text of the Illinois Administrative Code about student records here. 

    Moving out of SD U-46?   

    If you are planning on moving out of our district, please notify your current U-46 school as soon as possible.  Any time a student is moving from our school district a parent will be provided a Student Transfer Form (ISBE 33-78) to verify whether or not the student is 'in good standing' and their medical records are up-to-date, a Destruction Letter, and a Release of Student Records form.

    If you have not received those 3 forms, please contact your school.


    Please note that all temporary records are destroyed 5 years after the student leaves the district or graduates.  If you would like your records not to be destroyed, please contact in writing your school secretary/registrar to flag your folder 'DO NOT DESTROY'.