Welcome to the Plant Operations website!
U-46 is the second largest school district in the state. Every day, the Plant Operations Department strives to:
- Maintain 65 Buildings
- Manage annual usage of 44 million kilowatt hours of electrical power
- Manage 2.8 million therms of natural gas usage each year
- Administer the School District Facility Rental program
- Maintain and clean 6 million square feet of floor space
- Maintain 900 acres of grounds and landscaping
- Process 30,000 work orders each year
- Carry out, on average, $8 million in construction projects for remodeling and renovations to our buildings each year
Plant Operations is responsible for every aspect of every school district building, including exterior district equipment and structures such as emergency generators, playground sets, parking lots, athletic fields, and so much more..
We are located at:
Plant Operations Department
1460 Sheldon Drive
Elgin, IL 60120
The objective of Plant Operations is to professionally provide students, staff and community with safe, functional, clean and attractive facilities. Providing a collaborative team effort, being fiscally responsible, and environmentally aware.
In doing so, the team will create and maintain an educational environment that is conducive to
"Academic Success for All"