The Science, Engineering and Technology Academy at Bartlett High School is organized to integrate the academic areas of science and mathematics with technology and an accelerated math and science curricula with advanced placement opportunities.
Creative, high-achieving students with an interest in the fields of engineering, math and science should apply. Subject matter is keyed into technology, affording students the opportunity to experience the latest equipment and work methods utilized in industry. While science and math are the focal points, classes in graphic arts, computer-aided drafting and electronics are part of the curriculum and are enhanced in cooperation with area corporations.
The mission of the Science, Engineering and Technology Academy is to prepare students to be successful in using present and future technologies. A rigorous and relevant, comprehensive curriculum will provide interactive experiences with various technologies in the classroom and community.
To learn more about the selection criteria for the Science, Engineering and Technology Academy, continue reading.
- Complete Algebra (2 semesters) by the end of 8th grade
- Teacher Recommendations
- Two are required; one has to be the current 8th Grade Math teacher and one may be the 7th or 8th Grade Science or Technology teacher
- Good Academic Standing
- Science and High Tech Writing Ability
- Demonstrates Leadership
- Self-Directed and Creative
- Demonstrated Interest in Engineering, Science and/or Technology
- Testing and Writing Sessions