Social Studies Information and Updates
High School Electives curriculum was approved by the Board of Education in April 2016, and the implementation of the updated curriculum and resources began in Fall 2016.
Middle and High School (USH, Econ and Civics) Curriculum Writing Committee worked through 2015-2016 to update curriculum. Implementation of standards-aligned curriculum and resources began in Fall 2017.
Elementary curriculum writing began in August 2016 and concluded at the end of the 2016-2017 school year. Early implementers will pilot the curriculum and resources during the 2017-2018 school year.
Social Studies Standards
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, we will use the newly revised Illinois Social Science Standards, which were approved by ISBE on January 27, 2016.
Below is the link to the standards:
- MS/HS Curriculum Committee completed resource selection
- Elementary Committee completed curriculum map drafts for grades K-6 and begins resource select
- MS/HS Curriculum proposal presented to Instructional Council and Board of Education for approval
- Elementary SS curriculum proposal presented to Instructional Council for approval to have Early Implementers pilot K-6 curriculum during 2017-2018
- MS/HS curriculum implemented district wide
- Elementary curriculum pilot
- Elementary curriculum proposal presented to Instructional Council and Board of Education for final approval
- Elementary curriculum implemented district wide
- Secondary SBLA full implementation
Thank you for everything you do every day for our students!