African American Council
Help our students become more competitive in our global society by:
- informing parents U-46 services
- assisting parents with their questions and concerns
Our council works with the School District concerning African American students and staff.
When: 3rd Tuesday of the Month
Where: Varies (see details below)
Time: 6 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
2021-22 Meeting Schedule
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021 (in-person at the Educational Services Center)
- Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021 (in the library of Glenbrook Elementary School, 315 Garden Circle, Streamwood)
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2021 (via Zoom)
- No meeting in December
- Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022 (via Zoom)
- February meeting will support the U-46 Black History Program (DATE TBD)
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (via Zoom)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2022 (in-person)
All U-46 parents are invited to attend our events and our meetings!
For questions or more information, please email email@example.com.
Recorded Sessions - Presented by the U-46 African American Advisory Council
November 16, 2021: Strengthening Parental Agency and Equity of Voice
October 20, 2020: Discussing Racism & Racial Injustices at Home - Part I
November 17, 2020: Discussing Racism & Racial Injustices at Home - Part II