Unique to Chicagoland's Fox Valley, the School District U-46 Magnet Academy programs are designed to take high school students to new levels of creative, interdisciplinary learning and give them a head start on higher education. With a program housed in each district high school, magnet academy students tackle an intense curriculum in dedicated facilities with the latest learning materials and state-of-the-art equipment that complements each program's focus.Students are admitted through an application and review process. Eighth graders will submit completed Magnet Academy applications online. Eighth graders can apply for admission to one of the five Magnet Academy programs:
- BEACON Academy of Media and Digital Arts at South Elgin High School
- International Baccalaureate Academy - Pending Approval (Previously the Gifted and Talented Academy) at Elgin High School
- Science, Engineering and High Technology Academy at Bartlett High School
- Visual and Performing Arts Academy at Larkin High School
- Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Action, and Design (LEAD) Academy - Pending Approval (Previously the World Languages and International Studies Academy) at Streamwood High School
For more information on the application process, look under "News and Information" on this page. General questions about the Magnet Academies can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and Information
"Equity and access. Are they just buzzwords, or will we really take the steps necessary to address inequities?"
Elgin High School International Baccalaureate Magnet Academy Curriculum Committee - September 18, 2020
Committee Purpose: The curriculum and programming for the Elgin High School Academy is being redesigned as part of the district-wide transition to Educational Pathways.
Committee Purpose: The curriculum and programming for the Bartlett High School Academy is being redesigned as part of the district-wide transition to Educational Pathways.