Teen Writing & Art Showcase
Are you a writer or an artist? This is your chance to share your best work and see it in print!
The submission guidelines listed below are also available as a printable download in English or Spanish.
All submissions that meet these guidelines will be published on Gail Borden Public Library’s website, with selected entries published in a special print booklet.
You can submit work anytime during the year. Submit your entry by October 15 for inclusion in the winter edition; by January 15 for the spring edition; by April 15 for the summer edition; and by July 15 for the fall edition.
Written entries can be fiction, nonfiction, or poetry. Artwork can be photography, digital art, mixed media, hand-drawn – basically, anything goes!
- You must be in grades 6-12.
- The work you are submitting must be created by you and you alone.
- Your entry may not contain graphic language or violence. (If your entry were a movie, it should be rated G, PG, or PG-13.)
- If you are submitting a piece of writing, it should be 1500 words or less. (If you have a longer work, you might want to submit your favorite chapter or other excerpt from it.)
- By submitting your entry, you are giving Gail Borden Public Library permission to publish it online and in print. We will publish your work exactly as you submit it, so be sure to double-check your spelling and grammar.
- One entry per person per submission period.