Thank you to all who honored a teacher or staff person during Teacher Appreciation Week!
Alumni - Register as a U-46 alumni and the Foundation will keep you up-to-date with information about reunions, events at your high school, mentoring opportunities, Distinguished Alumni recognition, and more!
Impact Grants and Innovative Mini-Grants from the U-46 Educational Foundation fund our teachers' and staffs' bright ideas, creating opportunities that expand student learning and well-being.
The Foundation was honored to award more than 20 grants during the 20/21 school year to U-46 teachers and staff for a total of more than $20,000. Please click here to read more.
This school year, the Foundation has awarded 19 grants to U-46 teachers, staff, and community groups for a total of nearly $19,000. Click here to read more.
Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter to find out more about how our 21/22 grants will benefit U-46 students, teachers, staff, and schools.
Thanks to your generous support, the U-46 Educational Foundation has given away more than $418,000 in scholarships to U-46 seniors. Click here for a list of our 2022 scholarship recipients.
The U-46 Educational Foundation manages several scholarships including:
- The Superintendent's Scholarship
- The Dr. Jean Bowen Scholarship Fund
- The Elgin Breakfast Rotary G. Michael Greene Scholarship
- The EHS Maroon's Leadership Fund
- The David & Edith Cole Scholarships
- The Dody Nesbit Scholarship Fund
- The Frances Turnquist Scholarship.
- The Ronald Raglin Teaching and Learning Scholarship
- The Lisa Mercado Memorial Scholarship For Bilingual Students
- The Malik M. Brown Memorial Scholarship
- The Gilbert I. Renner Scholarship
- The Douglas Hoeft Scholarship
- The Alice Pragman Award for English Excellence
Are you a student wanting to apply for a scholarship? Go to this page to find out more about applying.
As the leading provider of scholarships for deserving U-46 students, we are proud to offer so many opportunities for our seniors. We work in collaboration with many local organizations and individuals, and we thank our scholarship providers for thinking of us as good stewards of your investment.
To learn more about establishing a scholarship or donating to existing ones, individuals, community groups, families, or businesses should contact the U-46 Educational Foundation Coordinator, Dawn Curran, firstname.lastname@example.org.