National Board Certification
Welcome to the U-46 National Board of Professional Teaching Standards Initiative!
The U46 NBPTS Initiative began in the fall of 2009. It was created to encourage and support teachers who want learn about and pursue National Board Certification. NBC is an optional process that is part of the growing education reform movement that is advancing student learning, improving teaching and making schools better. Teachers who achieve NBC have met high standards through study, expert evaluation, self-assessment and peer review. We have had over 100 teachers achieve National Board Certification while teaching in U-46!
Currently in U46
- 66 U-46 Educators have earned National Board Certification
- 4 Administrators who earned NBC as teachers
- ISBE First Time and Renewal Scholarship Candidates
- 41 schools/sites with NBCTs on staff
- 5 High Schools
- 7 Middle Schools
- 23 Elementary Schools
- Special Education Department
- District Planetarium
- Early Childhood Department
- Fine Arts Department
- Teaching & Learning Department
- English Language Learners Department
This web site was designed to provide information about the U46 NBPTS Initiative, provide details and tools to assist in the National Board journey and extend the network of support for current and future NBCTs. The U46 NBPTS Initiative is part of the Teacher Effectiveness Initiatives, which is composed of programs that model a culture of best practices, a culture of shared decision making and a culture of evidence.