Staff members in U-46 have a bounty of knowledge and experiences that could be shared with other staff members. If you would like to develop and facilitate a PD which would offer CPDUs, you need to follow the following 4 steps.
1. Take Professional Development Design 101.
PDD 102 is also provided to get feedback on your session or assistance on your design.
2. Complete 2 forms:
PLEASE NOTE: CPDUs will only be approved and issued in .5 increments. Thus, all PD opportunities should be structured in half-hour increments.
- the Professional Development Provider Activity Summary (ISBE 73-58, 10/16)
- the U-46 Professional Development Approval & Posting Request CU-PD-F001
3. Submit the forms for approval.
- For training occurring on a PPD, ETA members can submit forms to the Teacher Leader for Professional Development or the Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For training occurring on a DCD, after school, or other times PD is offered, forms must be submitted to the supervising Assistant Superintendent for the school, department, or program.
4. Submit forms at least 2 weeks in advance of the PD session to allow time for processing.
*CPDUs cannot be applied for after the session has occurred.
Forms can be found below.