Health Requirements for the 2023-24 School Year
Students entering certain grades have health requirements they have to meet before the first day of the 2023-24 school year. For students entering kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grade, this requires a physical exam and certain immunizations; 12th graders must be up to date on their meningococcal vaccine. You can see those requirements here.
How to submit forms
Once you have the necessary forms completed by your physician, proof of completed student physical and immunizations, can be submitted any one of these ways:
- Drop off the documents at your child's school.
- Upload the required health documents as a PDF through Infinite Campus during the registration process.
- Send via email a PDF scanned document to firstname.lastname@example.org. The original documents must be scanned, saved and sent as a PDF. There are free scanning apps available for mobile phones, such as Microsoft Office Lens, or if you have an iPhone, here are directions on scanning using your “notes” app. (Note: Pictures/photos of the documents cannot be accepted.)
- Fax the original documents to 847-888-5320 where our summer team will process the forms.
- Drop off the documents at the U-46 Educational Services Center, 355 E. Chicago Street in Elgin on Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Our Health Services team is processing health forms as they are submitted this summer. But if you believe you have already submitted forms, or if your child is in the process of receiving the necessary immunizations, please contact our Health Services team with questions or concerns. They can be reached at 847-888-5000 ext. 5334, via email at email@example.com, or by using Let’s Talk.
For More Help
Any families who need assistance with getting the required physicals or immunizations should contact the nurse at their child's school or write Health Services Resident Administrator Patty Kenyon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-888-5000 ext. 6892.
Per School Board Policy 7.100, all students will be compliant with State law-required health examinations and immunizations on the first day of school, Aug. 15, 2023. Students who are non-compliant in their physical and immunization requirements will not be allowed to attend school until state compliance is met. Required grades include Preschool/Early Childhood, Kindergarten, 6th, 9th, and 12th grade.
(Note: Vision exams for Kindergarten are required by Oct. 15, 2023. Dental exams for Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th and 9th grade are due by May 15, 2024.)
Any updates from the Illinois State Board of Education will be communicated to all parents.