Welcome to School District U-46
New Family Registration Guide 2023-24
Registration is now Open!
All students must be registered following these two steps:
Please read all the information before you start your online application.
STEP 1 - Online Registration using the New Family Kiosk. All of your students will be registered on the same application.
Please see detailed instructions for Step 1 below.
Unfortunately, smartphones cannot be used to fill out the Online Registration Application
STEP 2 - Contact your school to provide your application number, required documentation and forms or changes to household information.
Registration fees have been waived for the 2023-24-23 school year.
Online registration for new families
New Family Kiosk
- Click on the above link if you do not have students currently enrolled in School District U-46 or if your students previously attended prior to the current school year.
- You will be registering ALL of your children you wish to enroll in School District U-46 (PK-high school) at the same time, including any student that you would like to have screened for our preschool program*.
- When you enter the application site you will have the opportunity to start a new application, or return to one that you have already begun.
- If you are new to the district for the remainder of the current school year, your application will be good for both school years.
Please use one application. All of your children should be on the SAME application, no matter what U-46 school or program they will attend.
You will then be provided with your application number as you enter the application. Please write this number down for future reference.
When you have completed all sections of the application, use the red submit button, and contact your school.
When contacting your school
Be prepared to provide the following:
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Required forms (see the Printable Registration Forms section below)
- Proof of Residency from Category A + B as listed on the Proof of Custody and Residency form
- Physical and Immunization updates will be due prior to the first day of school
- Consent for Release of Records from previous school (1st grade and above only)
- Need assistance with registration
Click here for an event listing by school with contact information
Not sure what school your child should attend?
Please see our boundary map Here, or contact us using our information towards the bottom of the page.
I have other questions.
Show me some answers!
If you need assistance, please contact your school or the Registration Office for more information.
Printable Registration Forms
Early Childhood Information
Transportation and Busing Questions?
If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, printer or are unable to scan documents, please contact your school or contact us below.
Note: Due to the high volume of phone calls, we will be returning voicemails in the order they are received. We apologize for the delay.
All schools are currently open. If you know your child's school, you may contact them directly to set up an appointment to finalize all your registration requirements.
For general registration questions, please contact the Registration Office
or call 847-888-5000, ext. 5715 for English or 5016 for Spanish
For more information on Early Learners, please visit these websites:
- Kindergarten Information
- Preschool Information and Screenings*Registration is not a guarantee of placement in our preschool program
or call 847-888-5000, ext. 6991 or email email@example.com
After you have registered, if you are interested in the District's award-winning Dual Language program Please Click Here for the DL Informational Meetings Schedule, this program is open to incoming kindergarten and 1st grade students.
- Kindergarten Information